- This event has passed.
Assessing the Opportunities of Trade and Investment in the context of Early Signing EVFTA | Seminar: 14 August 2019
August 14, 2019 @ 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
With the purpose to update the business community in the southwest region about the progress of the EVFTA, VCCI is organising a seminar in HCMC with the participation of representatives from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, EU Delegation to Vietnam, EuroCham, HCMC authorities.
The seminar would bring an overall picture about the EVFTA, one of the most ambitious new generation agreements expected to be ratified and implemented in 2020, on its unprecedented benefits and opportunities for enterprises to build up and adopt their business strategy in the new era.
Registration: [email protected] (Ms. Thương)
08:30 – 09:00: Delegate Registration
09:00 – 10:40: Speeches / Topics
- Updates on the approval process of EVFTA, the expected time of validity and some notices to be concerned
- Evaluation on the implementation of EVFTA by trade promotion organizations.
- Opening remarks of Mr. Vo Tan Thanh, Vice President and Director VCCI branch in HCM (10')
- Speech of leader of Multilateral Trade Policies of Ministry of Trade – the agency in charge of negotiating and approving EVFT " Updates of EVFTA and recommendations of the host organizations""20'"
- Speech of Leader of of EuroCham "EVFTA – turning point of European investment in Vietnam (20')
- Speech of Ms. Le Ky Anh, Economic Expert of the European Union Delegation to Vietnam :"Evaluation of the prospects of EVFTA in the upcoming periods" (20')
- Speech of Lawyer Tran Huu Huynh – Chairman of Vietnam International Arbitration Center "15'"
10:40– 10:5 Break
10:50 – 11:50 DISCUSSION : BUSINESS PERSPECTIVES : EVFTA – EXPECTATIONS TO SOME POTENTIAL FIELDS
Moderator: Leader of PWC
- Leader of VCCI and Eurocham ,
- E-commerce Association (VECOM),
- Ho Chi Minh City Timber and Fine Arts Association (HAWA),
- Representative of Astra Zeneca
- Currently, the forest product in general is in the top 6 of key export products, with the growth rate of 16.6% /year, was built on the core foundation of Vietnam's wood processing industry. So how does furniture businesses build a design market and national-international brand in the context of deep economic integration like today ?
- E-commerce is the most effective way to help Vietnamese enterprises to increase their approach to customers, to choose the market / export partners directly, without intermediaries and minimize the risk of falling prices of products and access to world importers and markets. Assess opportunities and challenges from FTA for e-commerce enterprises.
- Responsible business: When officially integrate; Vietnamese businesses will have to apply some common social and environmental policies such as BSCI standards, SA8000, ISO45000, IFC Performance standard. In addition to revenue and profit growth , businesses must also show their social responsibilities to employees , living environment and future development . How will EVFTA influence to support Vietnamese enterprises to operate and effectively manage businesses while contributing to community and society based on sharing the created values ?
- The effect of EVFTA will shape the future of the market and cooperation from both sides. Trade between Vietnam and EU will definitely increase significantly . What should Vietnamese and EU businesses do to establish sustainable partnerships and effective trade with EU market ?
11: 50 -12:00: Business Discussion