- This event has passed.
Industry Workshop on Packaging Collection and Recovery Initiatives (PCRI) in Vietnam
January 15, 2019 @ 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Gone Adventurin’s studies examined the flow of materials through the post-consumer value chain and areas where the most impact can be made to improve rates of collection for recycling. As part of this research, multiple solutions – involving the industry, consumers, and governments – were explored as potential options to drive further recycling. PCRI is a holistic system-level solution that is being recommended for Vietnam, benchmarked against other successful systems in developing countries and customised based on on-ground realities.
Some key features of the Industrial Workshop on Packaging Collection and Recovery Initiatives (PCRI) system in Vietnam are:
- An industry-led non-profit entity takes responsibility to drive high rates of recycling
- Working with the existing informal sector to promote collection
- Tackling collection and recycling of multiple packaging materials through a single entity
- Driving collection and recycling of packaging materials through a material subsidy where needed
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- GA’s on-ground research on recycling and the informal sector in Vietnam
- A knowledge-sharing session about various PCRI systems around the world
- Introduction to proposed voluntary PCRI system for Vietnam
- Role of companies in a PCRI system
* This event is by Invite-Only.
If you are interested, kindly email Ms Trang at [email protected] or calling 028 3827 2715 – Ext:126