- This event has passed.
EUROCHAM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) 2021
March 25 @ 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Notice of EuroCham’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2021
The EuroCham Chair hereby calls for EuroCham’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2021.
The AGM will take place on Thursday, 25 March 2021:
In Ho Chi Minh City: Sofitel Saigon Plaza, 17 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1.
In Hanoi : Pan Pacific, 1 Thanh Nien, Ba Dinh District.
Time: from 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM.
You are hereby invited to attend the AGM 2020 followed by a cocktail reception.
Please note that only members having paid in full their membership dues for 2021 (by 5:00PM, Thursday 11 March 2021) will have voting rights and can stand for election.
5.00pm – 5.30pm: Registration
5.30pm – 5.40pm: Welcome remarks by EuroCham Chairman
5.40pm – 5.50pm: Speech by Representative of EU Delegation (tbc)
5.50pm – 6.10pm: EGM (Vote on proposed Statue Changes by secret ballot)
6.10pm – 7.10pm:
- Voting on Approval of AGM Minutes 2020 (vote by show of hands)
- Chairman’s Summary 2020 & Recommended Mandate 2021
- Working group’s Summary 2020 and Outlook 2021:
Marketing & Communications | Stakeholder Relations | Events | Business Association Relations | Projects | Advocacy | Finance
- Voting on 1. Audit Report 2020 | 2. Budget 2021 | 3. Auditor 2021 (vote by show of hands)
7.10pm – 7.20pm: Chapters’ Report
7.20pm – 7.35pm: Voting results
- AGM Minutes 2020 | Audit Report 2020 | Budget 2021 | Auditor 2021
7.35pm – 8.10pm: Executive Committee 2021 introduction and Election
- Farewell leaving Executive Committee 2020 members
- Introduction: Business Association Delegates
- Introduction: Independent Candidates
- Vote for Executive Committee members (vote by secret ballot)
8.10pm – 8.25pm: Q&A
8.25pm – 8.45pm: Address of Business Association Chairs
8.45pm – 8.50pm: Voting results: Statute Change
8.50pm – 9.10pm: Cocktail reception part 1
9.10pm – 9.20pm: Voting results: Executive Committee members
9.20pm – 9.30pm: Closing remarks by Chairman
9.30pm: Cocktail reception part 2
Nominations for the election of members of the Executive Committee should be submitted to EuroCham offices by hand, by facsimile or by email in PDF format latest by 5:00PM, Thursday 11 March 2021 to::
- EuroCham HCMC office : Fax: (028) 3827 2743 – Email: [email protected]
- EuroCham Hanoi office: Fax: (024) 3715 2218 – Email: [email protected]
All nominations must be made in writing on the form attached and must be signed by the proposer, the seconder and the nominee, and accompanied by a statement not exceeding 200 words from the nominee stating his/her reasons for standing for election. All nominees, if elected, are expected to attend all Executive Committees meetings and to actively contribute and support EuroCham's activities, interest and principles.
The voting procedures to apply at this AGM are set out in the attached document title "Voting Procedures – AGM 2021". A list of nominees will be presented in EuroCham's website and distributed at least seven days prior to the AGM.
Any Ordinary Member who is unable to attend the AGM in person may appoint one Ordinary Member to act on his / her behalf by proxy. All proxies must be made in writing in the prescribed form hereby attached and must be duly signed by the Company Representative of the Ordinary Corporate Member or by the Ordinary Individual Member making the appointment. Please note that:
- Only Ordinary Members are eligible to be appointed as proxies.
- Proxies made by any Member who physically attends the AGM will be cancelled by the presence of that Member.
- For voting purposes, the appointment of a proxy means that your proxy will be able to cast all votes for all Executive Committee nominees on your behalf. Therefore, we suggest that if you wish your proxy to vote for specified nominees, you should advise your proxy to do so prior to the AGM.
- One voting Ordinary Member may hold only up to a maximum of ten (10) proxies plus the one deriving from her/his own membership, as per Executive Committee decision of 1st December 2016.Persons owning more than 01 membership may hold only up to a maximum of ten (10) proxies plus those deriving from her/his own memberships, as per Executive Committee decision of 1st December 2016.
- All proxies should be submitted in the prescribed form to EuroCham by 5:00PM, Monday 22 March 2021 by email, hand or fax.
- All proxies must be assigned; blank proxies will be null and void.
- Blank proxies received by EuroCham from Business Association members up to this deadline will be referred back to Business Association to ensure proxy is assigned. EuroCham will contact direct members. It is the assignee responsibility to check with the person they are giving the proxy to that their proxy limit has not been reached.
4. Voting procedures:
- Votes for the accounts 2020, the budget 2021 and other AGM proposals (if any) will be conducted by a show of hands.
- Votes for Statutes change and election of the Executive Committee 2021 will be conducted by secret ballots and audited.
- Please click here to download voting procedures.
Dated: 25 January 2021
With kind regards,
Chairman of European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam