- This event has passed.
[WEBINAR] CHINA'S ZERO-COVID STRATEGY: What Happens Next?
May 5 @ 9:15 AM - 11:00 AM
China has enforced a strict Zero-covid policy for the past two years since the pandemic emerged in Wuhan. Recently, the country is again facing a surge of positive cases in Shanghai, a key commercial and financial hub as well as home to the world’s largest container port. Shanghai authorities began a snap lockdown of the city’s 26 million residents at the end of March after a mass testing found "large-scale" COVID-19 infections. According to experts, if Shanghai cannot resume production by May, all of the tech and industrial players who have supply chains in the area will come to a complete halt, especially the automotive industry, posing severe consequences and massive losses for both Asia’s biggest economy and the global supply chain.
Join EuroCham in this webinar to gain more insights on:
- Current lockdown situation in Shanghai and China’s other big cities and its impacts on the world economy, logistics, global supply chain (e.g., almost 500 bulk cargo ships have been recently moored off Shanghai as the port struggles to handle)
- Which economic sectors are going to be affected the most? How this Zero-Covid policy affects European businesses?
- Current policies of the Chinese government to reduce the loss and its upcoming plan to deal with the new variant Omicron
Mr. Carlo Diego D’Andrea, Founder and Managing Partner of D’Andrea & Partners Legal Counsel, Founder of DP Group, National Vice President of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China.
- Time: 05 May 2022 | 09.15 – 09.30: Setup and Preparation, 09.30 – 11.00: Presentations, Discussion and Q&A
- Fee: VND 500.000/member, VND 700.000/non-member for registrations and payments completed before C.O.B on 29 April; VND 700.000/member, VND 900.000/non-member for payments afterwards
- Registration in advance is required: by emailing Linh at [email protected] or calling 3 715 2228