On 1st March, NordCham’s Annual General Meeting 2023 (AGM) was held successfully in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with the attendance of more than 50 members in both cities.
During the meeting, the Board of Directors reported to members on the activities, financial statements, and achievements in 2022. NordCham made impressive growth of reaching nearly 150 members. The revenue was doubled to fund more activities. The past year also witnessed stronger collaboration and engagement with EuroCham in many areas, with a focus on advocacy. NordCham’s representative to EuroCham Søren Roed Pedersen reaffirmed NordCham’s commitment to ensure members’ recommendations and issues in doing business in Vietnam will be addressed at the Government level.
Chairman Thue Quist Thomasen highlighted the role of NordCham in promoting Nordic businesses and their collaboration with Vietnamese enterprises and the Government toward a quality investment strategy for the country. Executive Director Zung Nguyen presented the strategic direction for 2023 and upcoming projects to bring more added value to NordCham membership.
Members who attended with voting rights approved the financial statements 2022 and elected Krister Kling and Jess Rueløkke as Honorary Auditors again. The new Board of Directors with 12 Board Members was also elected.
With great excitement, we would like to announce NordCham’s Board of Directors 2023:
- Ms. Anita H. Holgersen, Senior Director Business Development & Country Representative Vietnam | Equinor Vietnam
- Mr. Christer Horn Af Åminne, Country Manager Production for Vietnam and Cambodia | H&M Group
- Mr. Christian Vohnsen, Group CFO | ScanCom International
- Ms. Eva Maria Hansen, Head of Partnering and Operations | LEGO Manufacturing Vietnam
- Mr. Giafar Safaverdi, Managing Director | IKEA
- Mr. Long Tran, Managing Director | Eimskip Vietnam
- Mr. Marcus Sohlberg, Business Development Director | Asia Perspective
- Mr. Robert Ameln, Managing Director | Food Source Vietnam
- Mr. Sivert Skårn, General Director | VARD Vung Tau
- Mr. Søren Roed Pedersen, CEO | Julie Sandlau Vietnam
- Mr. Stuart Livesey, CEO | Copenhagen Offshore Partners (COP) Vietnam & La Gan Wind
- Mr. Thue Quist Thomasen, CEO | DecisionLab
It is a privilege for NordCham to bring onboard leaders with decades of experience to drive the Chamber forward. NordCham will hold its first Board Meeting on 8 March when the elected Board Members will agree on the roles of Chairman, Vice-Chairmen, and Treasurer.
On a final note, NordCham would like to sincerely thank our service sponsor NetNam for excellent technical support, our strategic partner and drink sponsor Carlsberg Vietnam and to The Sentry for great hosting.